Measuring the results of your marketing efforts has always been a challenge. Print ads, Yellow Pages® listings, and even direct mail, are often just shots in the dark.
Internet marketing, on the other hand, is a different game, offering Google Analytics as a powerful weapon in your internet marketing arsenal, providing detailed insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness.
Here is a glimpse of what Google Analytics has to offer:
- Allows you to set goals for marketing, sales and conversions, then provides tracking to help you measure your results against your goals.
- Detailed analysis on site visits and visitors — how many visits to your site, where and what visitors are viewing with the ability to set up alerts in the event visitor patterns start changing.
- Track email campaigns, banner ads, offline ads, landing pages, and more.
- Integration with AdWords and AdSense — Optimize your AdWords performance with post-click data on your keywords, search queries, match type and more. AdSense reports show publishers which site content generates the most revenue.
- eCommerce Reporting — Trace transactions to campaigns and keywords, get loyalty and latency metrics, and identify your best revenue sources.
Consider a typical sales funnel…
Google Analytics provides the ability to monitor your marketing success — or failure — at each step in your marketing campaign. These valuable guideposts, which offer real-time feedback, enable you to make careful and deliberate decisions on how and where to invest your precious marketing dollars.
Google Analytics is a free service, available to anyone with a website and a Google account. However, sorting through the vast amount of data available can be daunting. At Big Splash Marketing, we’re well-versed in Google Analytics, and can help you sift through the data and extract what’s most relevant to your business and your goals.
One Google Analytics Consultation is included in every Big Splash Marketing monthly package. If you’re not a monthly marketing subscriber, that’s no problem. Big Splash offers single consultations at a reasonable hourly rate.